Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's Cinco de Mayo and I'm doing big things

As usual, I am doing something huge with my life.  My current mission is to eat at every Mexican place in Seoul. The best part of this mission is knowing there is no way I will fail!  Of course I am ranking them as well.  Thus far I have eaten at Dos Tacos (2 locations), Taco Amigo, Panchos, some shitty place in the mall near my house, Panchos, and On the Border.  Today, Jullia and I are going to Tomatillo - which we hear is the best place in Korea.  I'll be the judge of that!  I just checked out the website and it looks legit.  Going to be a good day!

Today is children's day, so we have off from school.  I have been looking forward to this day for many months.  I have accepted the fact that this one year of working at my dreadful school has shaved  5 years off my life.  It's a feeling of constant stress being there.  Yesterday we took the morning kids to the park to play instead of doing work.  I had no idea this was even happening because no one tells you anything.  It was fun seeing the kids get to run around and act silly.  The bad class was, of course, being bad.  While all the kids were playing on the swings and blowing bubbles, they were fighting.  One of them even managed to get in a fight with kids from another school because he threw sand at them.  WTF is wrong with these kids?  It's like they are so caught up in tattling, that they miss out on the fun kid stuff.   Good thing was they are not my class, so I just ignored it and let someone else deal.  Their homeroom teacher was so stressed after that day that she came in the office and laid under her desk.  Can't say I blame her.

Jullia and I are going to Thailand in July.  Who's been?  We need recommendations, especially on places to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment