Sunday, September 22, 2013

$25 lipstick

Alright bitches I'm back in action! Enough effing around, it's time to bring this blog back for real!

Of course lots has happened in the last 6 months but I will get around to all that eventually. First off, I need to complain, because what would my blog be without complaining? So... Pinterest. I am on that shit as much as possible, it's an obsession. I even critique other people's pins in my head, people I don't know, especially the clothes and food ( such as eww who eats that etc). It's totally replaced magazine reading in my life. It's the main reason I don't blog.  I changed my hair color the other week and I must have spent 20 hours on effing Pinterest in prep before deciding on a pic of Hillary Duff to bring to the salon lol.  Side note, my hair didn't come out looking anything like Duff's....

Anyway, Pinterest brain washed me into needing a nude lip color immediately. As in I could not go to work the next day if I didn't have it.  There's obvs no Sephora in Darwin (actually no Sephora in Australia so can't even order online wtf?!) but I can order mac at 2-3xs the price of US.  However, in this emergency situation, I HAD to have this lipstick, so I roll into the drug store (called the "chemist" here), pick out the lipstick and also needed deodorant, proceed to pay and am asked to produce $35 because yes the lipstick is $25!!! REVLON LIPSTICK!! YES REVLON! There are obvious problems with this. 1. that I was buying revlon at all because I am a bit of a make up snob and 2. how the f could it cost that much?!?!? Appalling really.

So recently all over Pinterest in coconut oil. I was thinking, shit they don't sell that shit here except in the one one extremely expensive store and I don't want to pay $100 for it. But suddenly, this week, coconut oil has taken darwin by storm!! 2 stores have had coconut oil displays, darwin is so hip! I managed to pick up a jar of organic virgin coconut oil for $5. When I bought it, it was white because it was at room temperature. However, I just took the jar out of the cabinet and it's totally clear now because my house is obvs well over "room temperature." It's fucking hot. Anyway, that doesn't matter. Another thing I do is see something on Pinterest and then google it to see if a better version exists (I have no life). I googled coconut oil extensively, I don't quite believe everything they are saying about it, but I didn't decide to give the face scrub a try... And wow my skin is sooooo soft! But not oily. It actually feels amazing! I made a small jar of equal parts raw sugar to oil and added a good squeeze of lemon juice because my skin is naturally oily. It looks exfoliated and feels so smooth. Uh oh, drinking the coconut oil kool aid! Will it replace baking soda as my new fav? I will try cooking with it this week and see how that goes.

Glad to be writing again. As I've told some people, I started a new job in July and it's pretty serious... By pretty serious I mean I can't gchat. That's the most serious thing about it. It's an open office concept and I sit right in the middle. Grrrrr. So I will be writing more to keep in touch better.  So holla, please! 

1 comment:

  1. I did the exact same thing! I had to get this MAC lipstick for fall, because you know I always wear lipstick and all...NOT!!! I'm obsessed with pintrist too. I wish you were here. And maybe I'll check out this coconut oil!

    ReplyDelete