Sunday, June 28, 2009

Czech, please!

So I changed the name of the blog. Adventures in Prague was a working title, it just didn't have that certain je ne sais quoi that I am looking for in a blog. Stay tuned, the name will prolly change again shortly (suspenseful, I know). Although, of all the names I came up with, this was my fav because it made Rumpshaker pop into my head! Check baby, check baby one two! Check baby, check baby one! All I wanna do is a zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom! Umm, yeah, if the blog is named Rumpshaker at some point, you know why. I better make sure that song is on my ipod for the trip.

It's mad late here, but I can't get to sleep without first updating. There have been a few new developments (other than the oh so important name change). I raised my grade in the class to an 86.12 because I'm wicked smaaart. Monday I have to concentrate on finding somewhere to do my in-classroom training. You have to complete 20 hours of either student teaching, classroom observing, or tutoring through an actual tutoring spot (yes, you have to provide real documentation). Hopefully, I can easily find somewhere and complete my hours asap. Are there less classes in the summer? That is the only thing I am worried about. Even so, I am sure I can find some place that would welcome free tutoring. I just don't want to have to look too hard to work for free! Me and my "free jobs," I feel like I always have one ;-)

Most importantly! Oktoberfest runs September 19th - October 4th and Munich is about a 6 hour train ride away, meaning...we're going! Or at least, I hope we're going! If all goes well after our arrival with the job/apartment situation (minor details), then I see no reason to miss out! Fingers are crossed.

Finally, I have to address the title of this particular post. I'm all about titles today. I am getting my old job back at the brewery, which is more good than bad. I am thankful to have a job for the summer, especially one with no strings attached that I can just endure for the next 2 months. At the same time, it does make me feel a little defeated to be going back after CA. At some point in my life, and hopefully sooner rather than later, I hope to be away from the restaurant business forever! Seriously, with the exception of grad school, I have always had a restaurant job since I was 13! Enough already! I can do other things! I know it!

Czech lesson: Prosim prineste ucet = Please bring the bill (ughh)

No comments:

Post a Comment