Thursday, October 25, 2012

Roll it up

I will start running again this week.
I will start running again this week.
I will start running again, ok! day after tomorrow!

I have been unemployed the last 4 weeks with only my visa application to entertain me.  I mean that was enough, I will post some pics tomorrow of the final product, but you would think I would be using the opportunity to work on my fitness.  But I am in this funk where I absolutely hate the gym and it's become too hot/humid to run outside.  I also hate my ipod and every single gym song on there.  Ok, I don't hate the ipod, but the running jams.  (btw you know what I hate and maybe some can relate?  When the total jam comes out and I put it on running mix and then the song is ruined because when I hear it, I associate it with pain and misery! The worst!  For this reason, I try not to put new jams on running mix.)  Anyway, instead of working out, chunkaaa's been cooking (obvs).  I have made so many new things the past 4 weeks, including 5 kinds of homemade spring rolls.  What I am finding in my spring roll research and experimentation, is that basically anything you enjoy eating, can be made into a spring roll.  So, Al's Casa de Cupcakes y Burritos is out...  Roll it up: Spring Roll Fang Zi is hot for '13 (fang zi is house in chinese :) )  Roll it up will sell only spring rolls - I am thinking it's a truck or some sort.  But the possibilities are endless!  This week I made Italian (aka pizza rolls) and Mexican spring rolls (aka mini burrito).  Also made traditional with pork, with chicken, and vegetarian.  Next I might try the breakfast spring roll -- eggs, bacon, and potatoes! They can be deep fried, baked, or fresh (rice paper wrapper, my personal preference).  Also want to experiment with the dessert spring roll, which might involve some kind of cake.  I know what you're all thinking, this is genius!  Well, dont steal my idea bitches!  I am onto something here :-P

Obvs you know there will be a Darwin NT spring roll with mud crab in it.  Crabbing continues to be action packed.  I was just chillin in the house on Sunday when Jason came home with a major emergency -- there were 3 crabs in the crab pot. I wanted nothing to do with fishing those fuckers out, so Lee went down to help him.  Well, unexpected turn of events in crabbing is that these crabs had fought each other in the cage and one were majorly fucked up!  The biggest, feistiest one we called Monster.  Monster was a beast, MASSIVE claws.  He had beat the shit out of one crab so badly that he had cracked his top shell and caused damage to the bottom body.  The crab ended up dying an hour later, luckily there was a neighbor who was eager to have him for lunch.  And wouldnt you know it, the crab with one claw from last week was back in the game, getting caught in the pot again!  He had also battled with Monster, so we figured just cook him.  That left just Monster with us and he was not fucking around.  We fed him chicken wings to keep him busy but every time someone tried to move him, it was on.  Jason brought Monster to work and sold him to someone, hahaha.  Another business venture!

Also wondering if anyone has made any version of the cauliflower pizza crust that is all over pinterest?  This seems like something I would make, but would come out terrible.  I picture it to be soggy or flimsy. I would need to be able to pass it off as regular crust too because I just don't see this going over well with dudes.  Any recommendations?



No comments:

Post a Comment