Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fill in the blank: This _______________ !

BLOWS, of course! (for no particular reason)
The monsoons are crazy today.  I just caught myself staring out the window watching the rain... for 15 minutes! I had to go out and rescue my plants because I was afraid they might drown.  My mini garden is doing pretty well, at least plants seem to like Darwin, lol.  Shit grows really fast here!  Except my parsley seeds, they aren't doing anything.  But tomatoes, peppers, and basil are coming along nicely.  BTW, they call bell peppers capsicum here.  Isn't that fucking annoying?

Things have been really low key lately, so I don't have too many strange Darwin stories, unfortunately.  I have been doing a ton of cooking, mostly of the Asian variety.  Perhaps I was inspired by the year of the dragon.  Last week alone, I made shabu shabu with my own hot pot and all, dim sims, thai spring rolls (fried), vietnamese sping rolls (fresh), samosas, and naan.  Everything came out quite nice except the dim sims, I think I might have to acquire a bamboo steamer to get that just right.  But even the cooking fun has to stop because lil chunkaaa is on a lil diet!



With my samosas, so proud!


Throw another naan on the barbie!

I want to post some pics from the trip, but I am so over facebook lately and there are way too many to post on here.  Maybe I am a hater, but I am so sick of status updates no one cares about!  I want to go back to myspace where if I want to know what you're up to, I will click on your page.  The worst is people who put up pics of just themselves with captions that say stupid shit like "new eyeshadow" and then 10 people comment "you are so pretty." STFU!  HATER IN DA HOUSE!  hahaha, I need a life.  

Anyway here are a few pics


Obvs that is me on the ferry in Sydney Harbor, New Years Day.


Very happy with my purchase at a vineyard in Hunter Valley, Fiesta is also featured. 


Just kayaked a long ass way to some island.  Dancing to show my joy that there are Coronas in that cooler.


This is Whitehaven beach, one of the top 5 most beautiful beaches in the world.  


No, I am not wearing a wet suit but a "stinger suit!"  Hahaha, there are so many jelly fish in the waters around the Great Barrier Reef you have to wear this dumb ass thing to swim.  Obvs I make it look good!


Every 500 miles or so, we would stumble upon some weird town when driving across the outback.  Apparently dinosaur bones have been found near this town!

No comments:

Post a Comment