Saturday, April 28, 2012

rant rant rant -- prolly dont read this unless you want to hear me bitching

In my previous rants, I have discussed my hatred for Facebook and other social networking sites, like Pinterest.  I have found lately that especially irritating to me is bad/gross food people made and then post up like they are Julia Child.  Seriously, I am going to go out on a limb here and say there is no such thing as "thai turkey meatballs" and they are a fucking dumb idea, and even dumber that they are classified as "low carb."  Ughh...  UGHHH.  They dont eat turkey meatballs in Thailand!  They dont eat turkey anywhere but in America!!!  Just because you put it in a lettuce wrap, doesnt make it Thai. Then people "pin" it under stupid categories like weight watchers.  "Oh hey girl, heard about those thai turkey meatballs?  Only 6 ww points...and low carb!"  Fuckin A.

Taking it one (big) step further, I have now quite firmly decided I hate the age of the internet in general (except for skype) and even more the smart phone.  There is such thing as too much, and having to hear every detail about some peoples' lives is WAY too much.  Once again, feel free to point out the irony of my writing this blog.  But, even more so than before, I will not ask anyone to read this shit, in fact I feel bad if you do.  lol.

I have been watching a lot of early 90s movies lately and appreciating the simplicity of the first cell phones and computers with basic internet access.  Back before websites like Yelp gave voices to people that shouldnt be allowed to have them, especially not on cell phones!  "Sitting here eating at Dino Burger and have been waiting 25 mins for my food."  No one cares -- well, apparently someone does because inevitably someone will post another stupid comment like "My mom was there 2 weeks ago!"  Oh really?!  Wow!  But remember the days when you actually had to call people?  In Australia, most people dont even have voicemail anymore!  And if they do, they will just convert your vm to a text of less than 100 characters (of course) because we are all so busy that we cant be bothered listening to a message.  I will stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment