Wednesday, April 18, 2012

updates

Ok, it basically feels like I have fallen off the planet since I dont blog anymore and my access to gchat during work hours has been blocked...which is suspicious because my 1st 3 days there, gchat worked.  Once IT got a hold of comp, no more chatting.  Damn them.  It really sucks too because since it was my first couple days, I didnt even use the chat!  

Well, it's not like I have time at this job anyway.  I am always busy, which I like because the day passes a lot faster.  And it's a gov job, so we work 8am-4:21pm, with an hour lunch.  I have never had a job like this before.  No one stays late, no one comes in extra early, I dont receive a single email after 4:21 or before 8am.  And there are 6 weeks of vacation, so really can't complain about anything (I know, I cant believe it either).  I wouldnt say it's my dream job by any means, but I am thankful and happy to have this as my first job in Australia. It's busy but not stressful, good location, people are nice, work is interesting (kinda), so overall I am happy.  

Ants are still not back, but as a precautionary measure I am going to bomb the house again this weekend as a warning.  My roommate said he suspected there was a nest in his room, so I am going to show them who is boss around Michie Court.  I am home alone now, so really I have nothing better to do.  Yes, the 3 months of living alone in Darwin has begun.  So far, I am ok.  I am busy enough during the week -- I joined the gym and I have been going after work, then I come home, eat dinner, and just chill.  It's not great, but at least I am working.  This weekend I am going for a facial because the Darwin weather does a number on my skin.  Major ouchie.  And those are all my plans, lol.  

In Darwin news, before Jason left we went to jumping crocs on the Adelaide River.  OMFG you would not believe how many crocodiles are in this fucking river.  Everyone knows Adelaide River is like the most infested croc spot in Australia and every few years some dumb backpackers decide to camp there and get in croc trouble, but you dont actually believe it til you see it.  Crocs everywhere!  Jumping crocs cruise is basically going out on a boat in the river and the tour guides dangle meat on a stick and the crocs jump up out of the water and get it.  Some of them are 12 feet long!  Seriously, they look like fucking kimodo dragons.  Obvs I was scared.  And speaking of backpackers, believe it or not Darwin is a major backpackers destination.  Now that the dry season is almost here, the place is already filling up with euro packers.  Ugh, obvs I dont like backpackers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment