Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Hangover, Writing by Charles, and Food Pics!

Today I am in pain.  Not sure how I survived this day at school, but it's over and I am relaxing with some Rice Snacks (cheese) -- that's their name.  A few of us went to a Super Bowl party last night at Beer O'Clock in Sinchon.  It was super fun and we left around 12:30am.  On the walk to find a cab, we decided we all wanted "just one more beer."  Ha!  I got home at 4:30am after drinking quite a few somakcols.  We ended up randomly picking this bar that had not one, but two stripper poles and a Spanish speaking Korean bartender (I have NO idea how we discovered he spoke Spanish!  We were prolly muttering something about donde esta la biblioteca.)  VERY fun night, not so fun morning.  And I was observed today by the director.  I actually did manage to pull it together quite well. For some reason, all the kids wanted to sit on my lap today too.  I was thinking, ughh, please don't touch me.  And no loud noises or sudden movements :-)

Us; notice the size of the pitchers here.  They all look like this.  
Stripper pole on the left and I'm doing the Asian V.  




Me and my somakcol # ??

I have more writing to post.  Charles is at it again for your entertainment.  Kid is seriously a genius.  

Topic:  Have you ever wanted to look like someone you admire?  Describe what you would do to look like this person.  

Charles:
I always want to look like singer G-Dragon.  He have a big bushy silver and gold hair.  He is handsome and tough.  When I saw him first time on the television When I saw he it click tame.  So now I like to be singer G-Dragon.  If I want to look like him I will make a wig and put on the wig on my head.  Then I will be very funny.  Wisgly, Buggly, Bissly.  Now I finished!  But I will slow a singer G-Dragon.  If I throw you need to catch and see the picture and throw again.  Please I want to be a award!

Excellent work here, Charles.  I seriously look forward to everything he writes.  Today, he wrote a short story about T-Rexes dropping out of the sky like rain.  He also rocks the perm and John Lennon style round glasses, priceless.  Oh, and if you are interested in seeing Korean pop star "G-Dragon," here's his FB http://www.facebook.com/pages/GDragon/12737047477 .

As promised, here are some pictures of food.   I eat all this stuff on a regular basis (excect the pizza).  




Tonight's dinner, kimchi jigae (kimchi stew).  Yes, it is served boiling hot and Koreans eat it like that.  



Lunch, tuk mandu guk -- rice cake and dumpling soup.  Kimchi left overs back left. 



Kimchi - from R to L kimchi cabbage, something from the sea in the front, spinach-ish veggie in the back, and mysterious fish substance that I eat almost everyday but have no idea what it is. 



Dolset bibimbap - spicy rice and veggies served in a hot stone pot topped with an egg.  



Pizza, wings, and beer at the super bowl party.  Holla!

I know food pics are a big hit and peeps are curious about what I eat, so I am trying to take pics of everything I eat this week.   This includes Japan, where hopefully I will get some bomb sushi and homemade ramen - as in handmade noodles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment