Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Domcheemb

Updates have been happening less frequently lately, I know.  I have just been so effing busy/tired!  A lot's been happening at school, including my boss becoming ever more bitchy to everyone as each day passes.  And, man, preschoolers are so whiny.  And they cry so much.  Ughhhh.  Two new teachers arrived today.  Both are teachers in the US and Canada.  I didn't think that would be the case when coming here!  They are all expecting us to come up with real lesson plans and shit, for 10 classes a day!  Anyway, new teachers seem aight.  Tomorrow is kindergarten graduation, should be pretty fun.  And word is the school is treating us to the Outback tomorrow, holla!  Outback here is v expensive!


Now to talk about the title.  Domcheemb, I think, is like the Korean version of pantsing someone, but not the same.  They sneak up behind you with their hands together as if they are clapping and try to ram their hand up your butt.  It's so freaking weird, and they all do it.  Occasionally they try it on me, but they get in big trouble.  Charles managed to work domcheemb into his essay yesterday.  The writing prompt was "describe what you would like to do over a school vacation."  Charles wrote: "Over vacation, I want to first domcheemb an anaconda.  Then the anaconda will attack me.  After I will punch."  Oh man, I really hope I have him for writing class again next semester.  I will miss him a lot!


Jullia and I did some exploring around Seoul last weekend.  The weather is finally warming up.  We hit up an outdoor market in Insadong and peeped some temples.  Long weekend coming up (Korean Independence Day -- independence from Japan, fyi, not North Korea!) so hopefully we are going to norebang!  


Monks and some other peeps posing for a pic at the gate of the temple in Anguk, Seoul.


Temple, it was crazy fancy inside!  


Another temple.  Don't be afraid of the swastika emblem on the top -- it's a sacred Buddhist symbol denoting a temple. 


Us cheeseballs posing with the happy Buddha.  I hate that people dump their water bottles there!

No comments:

Post a Comment