Tuesday, December 13, 2011

GOLF + pics

I have mentioned - once or twice - that Darwin is not the most happenin of cities.  There's not much to do that doesn't involve drinking - seriously the bars seem to never close here and are always busy despite insane prices. I went to a 10am movie the other day, as I walked passed the bars, they were kinda busy.  At 10am. At least it was a Saturday.  Anyway, I am now becoming an avid golfer.  There are 2 golf courses around I know about, one looks more serious and then there is the one I have been going to.  It is funny to look back on my first day, I was so nervous they weren't going to let me play because I was just wearing regular sneakers.  Well, turns out, you don't have to wear shoes at all on this course!  Or a shirt for that matter!  I would say about half the people are shoeless, shirtless, or both! It's like redneck golf.  You're free to drink as much as you want on the course, and everyone does.  There are bottle caps everywhere and you can hear the bottles clanking around in people's carts.  There are also random people on the course that come in from the street and cut through for a short cut to where ever they're going.  

Check out that form!  And so green!

My ball is somewhere down there.  Beautiful stream!

Your average Darwin golfer!


Last Saturday, I expanded my sportsmanship with mini golf (working on my short game) and archery!  Yes, I shot bows and arrows.  The woman at the archery place basically had to stand with me the entire time coaching.  But I did hit the target. 

SKILLZ!


This was one of the more complicated holes because it has an obstacle besides torn green.  Seriously, I was like where is the windmill, waterfall, etc?!  Darwin mini golf BLOWS!


UPDATES:  Ants are still kicking ass.  They are like obsessed with this tin of baking powder they can't get into.  Time to move that into the fridge.  Yesterday, I ALMOST ran the entire 3.8 miles, but the temps were slightly cooler.  Wet season is officially here and it rains all the time.  I learned how to drive, kinda.  I am scared as shit, mostly because the car I am currently borrowing is a POS and Jason is always instructing/yelling at me while I drive.  Finally, I didn't get the job.  I spoke with the guy and he said it was mostly because I dont have a permanent work visa but he also brought up my answer to the "robust question" !!!  Apparently, he was asking if I was capable of being stern in the office, and my answer made me sound too friendly.  LOL.  

Finally, here is a pic of the tree I managed to come up with.  It was not easy to find all this shit!  Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment