Sunday, March 11, 2012

we got food everywhere as if the party was catered

Cadbury is big at home, especially around Easter, but it is huge in Australia all year long.  Generally, there are all the usual suspects -- giant candy bars, creme eggs at Easter -- but they have even more, like ice cream and cute little koala bears filled with caramel.  (FYI - I nearly shit my pants when I saw the ice cream the first time, but it's not as good as I thought it would be!  I was picturing like creme eggs ice cream, but flavor selection blows...USA ice cream is far superior to all Australian ice creams thus far.  Also sucking here is the delicious Skinny Cow... same brand, different treats, not as good, and soooo pricey!).  Anyway, I was surprised to not see the (in)famous Cadbury mini eggs around in the grocery store.  I was looking, but not too hard, as I wanted and didnt want to find them at the same time.  But, last weekend, there they were set up along the wall in the register line at Target, along with a million other treats I dont even know about...calling me.  They dont sell the individual size, so I was forced to buy the big one.  Fuckin A, every time I look in the fridge -- even just for water -- I come out with a lil chunkaaa paw full of mini eggs.  Why are they so good?!?!?  Mini eggs must be destroyed, and I am taking it personally upon myself to see to their demise...in my tummy. Also shocking is that Jason thinks peanut M&Ms are better than mini eggs!  I think he's insane!  Does anyone else think this???

In Darwin news, lots going on. We bombed the house yesterday and fucked up those ants big time.  I just couldnt take it anymore.  The bombs worked, and there are dead ants in places I didnt even know we had ants.  It is sooooooo nice to cook or sit at the counter and not see a single ant.  I could not be happier!  Somewhat troubling was the appearance of 2 rogue ants late in the evening today. They were spotted on the ceiling, but I havent seen any of their friends around since.  Should we take bets on how long before they are back in full swing?  I give it 2 more days before they are filtering back to behind the sink.

We obvs had to leave the house while the chemical warfare was taking place, so we went to this farmers' market type place about a mile from my house.  It was so cute, and it exists in Darwin!  The only bad thing was it was so incredibly crowded, I couldnt deal with being there for very long.  Tons of veggies, food stands, local plants and flowers, and of course like any market, some nice things for sale, but mostly handmade junk people think they can sell at ridiculous prices.  Seriously, why do so many people think they can make jewelry?  Your shit is ugly, fo real.  But it is so nice to have found this place!  I got some coffee beans, olive oil, veggies,and a dim sim for a snack (obvs there was a snack involved!).  Really like it there, but due to the amount of other people who also seem to really like it, I think I need to identify key sellers, get in there, get my shit, and get out.  And so many kids :-/

Lastly, I asked for recipes a couple weeks ago and got limited responses.  Send me your shit!  Even if it is just a link, I am so sick of EVERYTHING I make!  Please!


No comments:

Post a Comment