Monday, June 11, 2012

I AM BORED!!!

OMG I am so bored and I am watching the Voice Australia and I dont think it can get much worse than this... overall.  Obvs I have chosen to drink wine to put myself out of my misery, but unfortunately it's 9pm and I am not even close to tired.  Damn you long weekend with nothing to do!  I got too much sleep!

So I have never seen The Voice in America, but I imagine it has to be better than the Aussie version.  This shit is bad!  (Side note -- commercials are on...does Subway in US have a Moroccan lamb sub now?  That shit looks fundamentally not right).  The judges are Seal, Joel Madden, Delta Goodrem, and Keith Urban.  Seal is the most ridiculous -- he changes his nail polish every week, currently gold sparkly.  He usually has his shirt unbuttoned to his belly button but this week has thrown a major curve ball and is wearing a turtleneck!  Who would have thought?! It makes it even weirder that I think Joel is def in love with Seal.  The chick on right now is singing Hallelujah and I am legit scared.  Anyway, enough about that.

So today was an action packed day, as uge.  (Omg Seal is now crying because of the Hallelujah performance.)  Woke up this morning, had some coffee then had to tend to my plants.  See, I might be the world's WORST gardener.  My mom says it's because I try too hard.  All the plants were unhappy.  First, I have 4 hanging baskets with pink impatiens.  I bought the baskets and planted the impatiens myself.  Easy enough to grow, right?  Well they were off to a good start and then 3 of the baskets started looking like shit.  One was taken over by ants, another just died, and another had something eating the leaves.  So I pulled apart all the baskets and planted some seeds in them.  Idk why I did that as I never successfully grow seeds, but we'll see.  Next I had to tackle my tomato issue.  I bought a cherry tomato plant in January, not realizing that they wont pollinate in the humidity of the wet season.  Without getting a single tomato, I ended up with an enormous leggy plant.  It's probably 10 feet long.  I FINALLY started getting tomatoes this week though!  I was going to get rid of the plant, but I felt like it was unfair to the plant to get rid of it when it was just starting to produce tomatoes.  So as I was replanting it in a new container, I broke the stem and now RIP cherry tomato.  I still planted it but have no idea if it will grow.  THEN some massive fucking bird has eaten all my peppers, the only thing that was actually growing so I had to protect the pepper plant from terrorist bird.  I also planted chives for the 3rd time which I hope will work.  How am I this bad at gardening?!  I have had a garden every year for the last 10 years and it is always bad!

After that was all sorted I went shopping and to the movie rental store (they know me there).  I discovered today that they dont have the Last Samurai so idk how I am going to complete my Tom Cruise collection!!  I got Valkyrie and I might have to stop there!  Yeah, major problems.  Came home and cleaned my house, had to make it look like Al's place again as boys disrupted my feng shui.

The best part of my day was my run!  I have started running outside again these past few days and I am so pleased with how much I am enjoying the dry season runs.  It's still too hot for daytime, but sunset is absolutely perfect.  I live on a marina, there is a cool breeze at night, and the sun sets over the water.  I just have to make sure I run fast enough to avoid the midgees (those mini mosquitoes I bitched about before).  Running is great though and I enjoy it even more knowing how much I hated the same run in the wet season.

Other than those exciting events, I am incredibly bored and lonely.  I STILL HAVE NO FRIENDS!  I am over friends, I am like the 40 year old virgin now with a million hobbies.




No comments:

Post a Comment