Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Time for some bitching

What else?  I don't get why every restaurant in Darwin feels they need to offer the exact same fucking menu.   I don't even have to go in the place and I can tell what they will serve.  Sure there are the few rare exceptions -- specialty places like Greek, Italian, Indian etc but if you just roll into a normal Aussie restaurant, you're gonna get the same shit...everywhere.  On the road trip, I found this to be true in other parts of Aus as well.  In fact, in wine country, I had a major breakdown because I couldn't take it anymore -- lol, sad but that is a true story.  I refused to eat and instead had 3 glasses of wine :-P

Anyway, no matter where you go, here's what you will likely be offered:
Appetizers (called entrees here) :
garlic bread
trio of dips (seriously, everywhere has this and it sucks.  it's 3 dips, whatever they have hanging around with some stale pita...ew)
bowl of chips (aka fries)
bowl of wedges (aka steak fries)

that's it -- those are all the choices and they all blow -- hard!  Sometimes we will go for a happy hour and want a snack.  "oh idk -- it's just so hard to choose between chips or wedges...I just dont know if I feel like a thicker fry today" FML

Salads:
Caesar salad with or without chicken
thai beef salad -- which, if you have ever had that, know it's not really a salad.  it's noodles with beef and some greens, but mostly noodle

Entrees (called mains) :
fish and chips
chicken schnitzel with gravy or parm
lamb chop
"steak burger"  aka steak sandwich
"burger" regular hamburger, often topped with pineapple and beetroot  - they love the fucking beetroot here
"chicken burger"aka fried chicken sandwich -- which 1st time ordering I thought I was getting something like a turkey burger
steak
another kind of steak
strange pizzas with toppings like bbq sauce
random asian foods like laksa and pho

Ahhhh!  I can't take it anymore!  I am so sick of those foods, therefore I never eat out.  Not to mention basically nothing is on lil chunkaaa's diet! I can't be mowing down on schnitzels and fish and chips!

In job news, shit is going down at cappuccino typing gig.  I am basically the only one who works there now, as my only co-worker has quit.  Needless to say, that didn't go over well.  Owning your own small business really sucks.  When you only have a few employees, losing one is like losing a whole department.  They asked me today what my intentions are if I dont get gov gig.  I said idk, still looking etc.  Truth is they are very nice people (it's a family, but they all work in an office down south) but I don't really want to work in a small start up company.  I just want a stable job.

Speaking of gov job, I received this message from them today:


Alexandra
Just to keep you up to date with proceedings – the recruitment file has gone up for approval by our placement committee, so I hope to have an answer for you in the next couple of days.

wtffff????  Is it MY recruitment file?  Someone else's?  WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????  I am starting to lose interest, lol.  But really, it is kinda making me have some doubts...  mainly how difficult is it going to be to get things done in this office?  I remember they asked some question at the interview like, what do you do when youre faced with a challenging situation that is beyond your control... or something.  I think I am already understanding that.

No comments:

Post a Comment